Friday, May 14, 2010

May 14, 2010

Today was a bad day.  Today with 101 things to do I forgot the one thing that was important to her.  I walked into preschool as moms were filing out.  I asked if I was late and they reminded me it was the Mother's Day tea.  They consoled me like I was the one who needed it.  I found her in the corner all by herself and for a moment I saw tears forming.  I picked her up and held her close.  I whispered I was sorry, like that was enough.  I hurt her little heart.
She smiled and gave me my gift, as if I deserved it.  She hugged and kissed me, as if I deserved it. 
I told her we would do something today, just her and I.  I promised pie and ice cream, she refused them all.  All she wanted was to go to the garden and look at birds with her binoculars.  And that is so her.   All pig-tails and smiles passing up treats and sweets just to walk with me awhile.  She never ceases to amaze me. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments- they are like pennies from heaven.