Monday, August 22, 2011

Pet Peeves and Hates and The Great Fall of Ketchup

 I hate when people say "Oh, I would never have time to do that."
or any variation of that statement:
"How do you find the time- I am way too busy."
"Oh you are so lucky you have time to do that."
"I wish I could enjoy that but I have to make my life seem more valuable than yours so I will imply in a round-about way that I am better than you because I fill my day with needless shit so I can seem superior."  
 I was once told by a wise person, if you love something enough you will find the time to do it.  Even if it's just a minute.  I think that is so true.
It's so important to do the things that make you happy.

You know what else I hate, when people joke that they have OCD.  Really OCD is a serious disorder and just because you clean your bathroom once a day doesn't mean you have a severe anxiety disorder that debilitates those who actually have it.   If you are obsessively clean that is one thing.  If you are obsessively clean and you have to wipe the counter five times right to left in a perfectly straight line or your mother will die a slow and painful death, you have OCD.  It really is no joke.

You know what else I hate.  Ketchup.  This is a new thing.  I used to like ketchup.  Than slowly I noticed I was eating it less and less.  Of course NEVER on a hot dog or brat- NEVER.  Now I don't eat ketchup on hamburgers and fries I eat plain.
Okay hate is a strong word for ketchup.  I have a strong dislike for it.

I also think the word Kangaroo is a strange word.
***********************************************************************
Just in case you wanted to know this week I am reading:
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
and
Something Borrowed

Last week I read:
An Object of Beauty
and
Just Kids

 



1 comment:

  1. My issue - the great debate on which thing to do in the time I have for reading/knitting. Audio books help me to do both, but not everything I want to read comes in that form. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments- they are like pennies from heaven.