Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Ears Have it

You know that saying 'You don't know what you got until it's gone?'  It's a rock song too, I think.
There is a similar saying 'You don't know what you got till its causing you extreme pain and you can't function properly.'  It's a country song too, I think.  I learned this statement is oh so true this summer.
I had a ear infection this summer.  Make your jokes now about me being five and 'did I get a lollipop after I visited the pediatrician'  Har! har! 
Laugh if you must but I wasn't laughing when the vertigo hit.  Or when the nausea from the vertigo hit.  Or when after I took three ibuprofen and three Tylenol along with the 2000 mg of  amoxicillin and was all like "I WANT MY MOMMY!"  Well, because one she's my mommy and two she's a nurse.  And to give you an idea of the last time I stated that I wanted my mommy,  I was two minutes from delivering my second child and I was on a gurney, in the elevator and the doctors were telling me to hold the baby in till we got to the delivery room.  Have you ever held in a baby?  It's like holding your poop in but like A MILLION TIMES WORSE.
Anyhoo I called my mommy and she told me to go to the E.R. like two seconds ago.
And so I went.  When mommy speaks, you listen.
I got some nice IV antibiotics and pain relieve.  I had a cat scan to make sure I didn't break my ear bone.  My ear canal was swollen shut so they had to put this thing in to drain it, and make sure all the yummy medicine went in.  I left with the medicine they give to Anthrax victims, two kinds of it, and some strong pain relieve that I took two of and could probably sell the rest and make a ton of money but I won't because that is wrong.
Now I am almost all better- the wind makes my ears feel weird and sometimes I have a hard time filtering out background noise.  I am better enough to sit here and tell you that the ears are important.  And all the stuff in the ears that controls how you move and function is not something to mess with.  If you feel ear pain, don't play it off.  Go to your doctor and have it checked out!

My public service for the year is done.
Be in good health and listen to your body- you only got one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments- they are like pennies from heaven.