Friday, January 14, 2011

Vampire Lover

There I said it.  I like vampire.  Vampires.  Vampires.  Vampires.
Twilight.
Sookie I love you Sookie.
Sparkly.
Swedish.
Viking.
Civil War fighting.
True Blood drinkin'.
Animal blood suckin'.
Vampires.
Sometimes you just need an escape and those creatures of the night can be an entertaining bunch.  Add in werewolves and fairies and witches and you got a PAR-TEE.

It all started a few years back, I was on a short vacation, I picked up a paperback copy of "Twilight" to see what all the crazy talk was about.
Two weeks later I finished the series.
Not high-brow literature mind you, but fun and funny and an escape.
The one thing I didn't like about that series is that Bella was a bit of a whiny thing.  I get deep-true love but man get a job.

Then my sister turned me onto The Sookie Stackhouse series.
I devoured all the books in the series and I am patiently (?) awaiting the next book to come out this summer.  I loved that Sookie was strong and independent.  She embraced love but didn't take shiz from anyone.

 So in other news, and still related to this vampire-otherworldly creature-orgy-love fest, I got my...
KINDLE!!!!!!!
It is awesome.  I almost kissed the UPS man. Granted the men in trademarked brown are usually hawt, and this one was, the fact that he held my hearts desired, well made me love him. 
I opened that sweet little box and the angels sang. I swear I heard Ode' to Joy.
I held the Kindle in my hands above my head and proclaimed "I HAVE A NEW GOD NOW!"
Okay I am a tad dramatic.  But it is totally awesome although I am convinced they will add a verse in Genesis that states "And on the one billionty day the earth was made God, with the help of Jeff Bezos, created the KINDLE"

So I got down to downloading many free books and I read like crazy.  Then I thought I'd one up myself and go for some great $.99 Kindle books.
And I found this....

I know they say never judge a book by it's cover.  But I do.  It's like food.  You eat with your eyes first.  
Well of course you read with your eyes first.  Whatever.  How could I resist that cute cover?
And it was $.99!  And truly I'd pay more if I had to.
So I got down to reading and I fell in love.
So the next day I downloaded the next book in the series....
Toil and Trouble, a Paranormal Romance (Book 2 of the Jolie Wilkins Series)
and devoured it in a day.
The Jolie Wilkins books are a perfect mix of fantasy, romance and cute manipulative vampires that don't sparkle.
Wait it gets better.
So I was on Amazon and I happen to see the author's, H.P. Mallory, web site linked so I followed it. I read her blog and just had to email her and she responded back.  Guess what?  She is super cool and awesome and loves her readers!
She loves her readers so much that she makes them characters in her book!
I highly recommend both Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble, and Toil and Trouble for a fun weekend read!

*Disclosure:  I was neither paid nor asked by the author or publishing company to write this post.  Both books were purchased with my own money.  and really why are you sitting here reading this boring disclosure when you could be reading those two great books I just linked.  Go.  NOW! 
Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble was $.99 on the date this blog post was published and price is subject to change.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to check out these books. Once I am done with the pile of reviews for OJTA, I will need some lighter, fluffier fare. And I love vampires, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments- they are like pennies from heaven.