Monday, September 6, 2010

Fall T.V.

Ahh! Labor Day.
A sign of the fall leaves, pumpkins, fresh apples and cozy sweatshirts soon to come.  I am giddy with anticipation.
One of my favorite things about fall is neither apples nor the cozy sweatshirts, it is fall T.V.  All my returning shows.  New shows to get excited about.  I am so setting my DVR this year.
I dream of me, ass on couch.  Cozy sweatshirt on.  Fresh apple slices.  Glass of wine.  Enjoying the peace.  Being entertained.
So what am I looking forward to?
First for the new....
From YahooTV.com
 I have had a secret schoolgirl crush on Josh Ritter ever since he was wheeling around in Joan of Arcadia.  He is sooo cute.  Like schoolboy cute and since it is a schoolgirl crush we are perfect for each other.
I am kind of excited to watch  Josh in The Event on NBC.  And it has Blair Underwood so that is all I am going to say about that. 
Okay really that is all for new shows.  Maybe I will catch Blue Bloods and No Ordinary Family but this year it is all about my old stand-bys.
From Gleefan.net

Hello GLEE!
I am so so looking forward to a new season of Glee and praying it doesn't fall prey to the "Sophomore Slump."  I am guessing with a Britney Spears and Rocky Horror episode we might pass that slump right on by.
From tv-flip.com

Next up Parenthood.  I know it is cheesy, I love the cheesy though.  Sometimes you need the cheese.  Cheese is good, especially with those fresh apple slices. nom. nom. nom.
I love Lauren Graham, in my eyes she can do no wrong.  And Hello Peter Krause.  Cutes.

But if I could only pick one show, If you held a gun to my head and told me "Susan, this year you can only pick one show to watch on T.V."  Hands down, no questions asked.  Please oh GOD I AM GOING TO BURST BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT ALL YEAR OH MY GOD PLEASE LET IT BE TOMORROW PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.....
fx.com


Sons of Anarchy.  It is the greatest bandwagon I ever jumped on.  This show is beyond.  It takes network T.V, sits it down and takes a giant crap on it.  This show makes other shows hide in a corner, pee it pants and cry like little babies.  I am serious.  SERIOUS.  If you are not watching this show you should be ashamed of yourself.
Really a house-frau from the Midwest getting giddy over men on motorcycles??  Serious motorcycles scare the shit out of me, you will never see me on one of those things.  But there is something about this show. Something.Something that I can't quite put my finger on....
From tengossip.com
Well yeah that, but it is something more.  Something that transcends cute sexy men.  It's the story, the plot that hook you.  So good.  So.  Good.

So now I clued you in on my favorites, what new shows are you looking forward to?  What old ones got your panties in a bunch?  Share....


Disclosure:   I was neither paid nor asked to write about any of these shows, wine, apples or cheese.  I am just sharing my feelings for these shows, wine, apples and cheese out of pure love.  If you would like to send me wine, apples, cheese, Charlie Hunnam and then send my my husband  far-far away as gratitude for my glowing review it can be arranged.  

1 comment:

  1. Love yourt post! I am still catching up on last season of Parenthood via Netflix. My silly DVR goofed up and I never was able to catch up there. Also trying to figure out how to get Season 2 of Glee since I finally got hooked on Season 1 when I took it out of the library at the end June. Will also have to check out the others that you mentioned. Sorry it has been a while since I commented - I am hear reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments- they are like pennies from heaven.