Monday, December 31, 2018

12-31-2018,



It's the get up and go that's the hardest.  In the end I always tell myself  I never regret going and doing. Winter walks are the hardest, your bones are cold but the movement warms the blood.  
This place is mine.  I don't own it, it belongs to everyone, but I take ownership.  The walk is always the same but so new.  Each time I see something, hear something that amazes me.  Today it was the frozen lake with the water running in the middle.  The beginning and the end was a silent stillness. But where the warmth held on, and the water pushed through,  the arthritic ice creaked and moaned; This is Old Man Winter. 
Today I am a little sore.
I always am.
I am glad I went.  With the soreness comes a clearer mind.  A better appreciation.  A desire to 'do something'.  Anything.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments- they are like pennies from heaven.