Monday, June 4, 2018

just

I never knew much about my Grandfather's job.  I knew he was a police officer.  A Sergeant on the Chicago Police Force.  When he came home and the uniform came off and he was just Grandpa. To me he was just bigger than life.  A smart, caring grandparent. 
Years and years later more of his stories of his days on the job came out.  Stories shared around the dining room table.  In the garage while the lake flies buzzed around outside.  Scrapbooks.  Shared always when we were all together. 
After Grandpa passed my sister told me to "GOOGLE" Grandpa's name and Chicago to see more stories.  Looking at them know I can't help but smile.  He was good at what he did.  He was good at so many things.
Whatever is just.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments- they are like pennies from heaven.