Monday, May 21, 2012

the middle

It all can happen so fast, can't it?  One day you are holding them, feeding them from your breast and then the next moment they are begging to go solo.  To the park that is.  With friends of course.  How did this happen?  Where was that good stuff in the middle? 
The middle part where they still needed you.  The middle where being with you was good enough.  And all was right with the world as long as you were by his side.
I feel like it went to fast.  That somehow for a split second I closed my eyes and it was gone.
The middle is the best part.  And somehow I feel like I didn't get to savor it as much as I would have liked to.
Everyday I wish I can stop time.  And slow down the process of growing-up and changing.
Because once he was a little boy.
And now he is a little man.

Is it funny that I whispered this song in his ear as I rocked him it sleep....
 

1 comment:

  1. I've been eating this post for about a month now. daily reads and thinking about it constantly. I'm glad to be in the middle now, but I think it's coming to an end.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments- they are like pennies from heaven.