Torn up Piece of Paper.

*I love the movie Stealing Beauty.  It is one of those movies that I watched over and over and still watch when it comes on T.V.  When I was younger I wished my mom had died and my father had sent me away to an artist commune in Italy to smoke pot with Jeremy Irons and swim topless with Rachel Weisz and lose my virginity to an adorable pubic-haired Italian boy.  These were my selfish years.
Now I watch the movie and I just want to run away to an artist commune in Italy and lose my virginity to an adorable pubic-haired Italian boy.  A girl can still be a little selfish no matter what age.
In the movie Liv's character eats her words.  She always writes on small scraps of paper, tears the paper and sticks it in her mouth.  Or sometimes she burns the paper.  I love this part of the movie because I know I am not that girl who runs away to an artist commune in Italy but I am that girl that hides her words.
Half the stuff I write does not  get posted.  The words sit as drafts burnt and torn and swallowed never to see the light of day.

*“I love you also means I love you more than anyone loves you, or has loved you, or will love you, and also, I love you in a way that no one loves you, or has loved you, or will love you, and also, I love you in a way that I love no one else, and never have loved anyone else, and never will love anyone else.”
Jonathan Safran Foer


This is a quote I have on my fridge, the quote is printed on a torn up piece of paper framed on a piece of scrapbook paper.  I love this quote about love.  I put the scrap of paper at eye level so I can always see it.  It's so much better than a picture of a pig telling me 'oink'.
Actually the quote isn't for losing weight, when I read it I think of my kids.
I don't have a favorite kid, as some people say.  I don't love my kids in the same way but I  do love them both just like the quote says- which I guess is loving them in the same way.
I think people get the 'favorite' and the  love mixed up.  Our kids need our love in different forms.  My girl needs cuddling and affection.  My boy needs tons of high-fives and an affectionate headlock.
One is more willing to help me on a daily basis, the other works to surprise me in amazing ways on a less frequent measure.  One curses and swears like a sailor when they are mad, the other is prone to fits of crying.
One is not my favorite.  I never mix-up these feelings up.  The torn up piece of paper on my fridge is a reminder of those feelings.

*When you  are working with your fancy scrap-booking paper it is important to remember to tear the piece of paper towards you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4-30-2017

Arthur, What a Wonderful Kind of Day

9-10-2016