Wednesday, November 2, 2011

horse and carriage

I woke up yesterday morning and I fake punched my hubby in the gut, he got all sad looking and I said "I'm prone to violence in the morning." and he shakes his head, and walks away.
  And sometimes he kisses me goodnight.  and sometimes he doesn't.  and sometimes I get mad at him for not being affectionate and then I put super glossy lip gloss on and tell him he can't kiss me.
  And we fight hard and get mad at each other and yell empty insults and threats and wave our fists and we apologize for our empty insults and threats. and for waving our fists in the air.
I've been thinking a lot about divorce.  It isn't hard when the people around you seem to be doing it.  A mother leaves.  A father leaves.  A car and a presences is missing in the neighborhood,  it is not hard to miss.  You wonder if those people are like you.  If you can make their same mistakes.  Am I making their same mistakes?
Divorce is like a plague, once one person gets it the person next to them is sure to get it and you end up praying to God that you got your immunizations to fight off the horrible disease that is divorce.  You wonder if your marriage can make it.
And I fake punch my hubby in the gut and he got all sad looking and I say "I'm prone to violence in the morning."  and he shakes his head and walks away and in that moment I know we are going to be okay. 

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments- they are like pennies from heaven.