Monday, June 20, 2011

Back Porch Reading Take 2

The back porch/deck is where I read all summer.  Me, my Kindle and a glass of green ice tea.  It's the life. 
Lot's Return to Sodom: A Liv Bergen Mystery
****-4 star review

I finished last weeks read,Lot's Return to Sodom: A Liv Bergen Mystery and it kept me up all night.  Sandra Brannan is defiantly an Indie writer to watch.
Here's a little blurb from Amazon:
"The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is no place for button-downed citizens--unless they're trying to hide a murder. Sharp-witted Liv Bergen can't avoid becoming embroiled in murders, it seems. Her family's hometown of Sturgis, South Dakota, is quickly becoming the Sodom of the Black Hills during the dog days of summer as it hosts the infamous rally of grizzled hard-core motorcycle bikers--half a million of them. Crime comes too close for comfort when Liv must solve the mystery of a beautiful young townie to clear her brother's name."
I am weirdly interested in the 1% motorcycle club ideology, thanks 'Sons of Anarchy.'  Loyalty in those types of clubs is astonishing and fascinating.  Getting a little fictional glimpse into this world satisfies my curiosity.
If you like mysteries you will love Lot's Return to Sodom.  Don't forget to read In the Belly of Jonah, the first book in the Liv Bergen Mystery Series.
And PSST!  If you are a Kindle reader Lot's Return to Sodom is free for a short time!

I am just wrapping up Water for Elephants for my book club and than I can start:

Smokin' Seventeen: A Stephanie Plum Novel

and than I have the pleasure of previewing :

Marie Force is my guilty pleasure author of the moment.  Fatal Consequences has not been released, I received an advanced copy from the publisher.  Stay tuned next week and I will let you know what I think!

What are you reading this week?

More fun summer reads:

*All links are through the Amazon Associate Program.  If you click on the link and purchase the book I receive, VERY small, compensation.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments- they are like pennies from heaven.