Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Love Will Come Set Me Free

I couldn't help but catch the news about Tyler Clementi.

Because it is moments like that, when I first read these stories, that I realize how much I hate people. People are mean and cruel and terrible.
Then I remember hate is what got us here in the first place.

I have a lovely family member who is a part of the LGBT community, and if anyone- ANYONE tried to hurt them I'd....Well I'd...
....but then I remember I would be fighting fire with fire. My cruelness. My aggression with words or fist makes me no better then those who torment.

I don't know what to say or do....or do.  I am but one small person with one small blog.
And what do I have to say?  Does it matter?
Then I remember it matters to me.  And it matters to that lovely family member, who I would protect to the ends of the earth. 
Being gay is okay.  It is more then okay.  It is normal.  It is who a person is.  And when someone uses what a person is to weaken, deface, manipulate them, it is a crime against humanity.  It makes my heart break.  It makes the world break.
Please remember our words and our actions have power, use them wisely.
 
I heard this song today and it was everything I wanted to share here....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments- they are like pennies from heaven.