Tuesday, June 15, 2010

One More Angel in Heaven

Sometimes in the mix of copious blogs you miss a good one.  SummerM, one of my oldest, most opinionated, why I love her, blogger friends linked this video on Twitter....

FromYouTube:
Carla Zilber-Smith died May 21st, 2010 of ALS, but at her funeral, she had one final surprise: a video that she had kept secret for over a year, even from her own family, that brought the audience (because of course her funeral had an audience) to laughter, tears, etc.

If you want to read more about Carla, go to carlamuses.blogspot.com, where she blogged for several years. Carla is the subject of the upcoming documentary "Leave Them Laughing: A Musical Comedy About Dying," which you can find out about at leavethemlaughingfilm.com.


Beautiful, no other words.
How awesome would it have been to read this woman as she lived her moments, which to me is the best part of blogging.  May she rest in peace always.

1 comment:

  1. I know, I wish I had fond her blog before she died. And I am so stealing her idea when I go. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments- they are like pennies from heaven.