Sunday, August 12, 2012

talking to hemingway's ghost

I tried to give Hemingway's words of wisdom a whirl last night and it didn't seem to work real well for me.  Either it takes a special breed of person or lots of practice.  I don't think I'm up to the task.
I should say I wasn't THAT drunk.  Well not Hemingway drunk, but Susan drunk.  Drunk enough to sit on your neighbor's patio and talk about important things like your children and politics and your favorite episode of Saved By the Bell.
The one were Jessie Spano takes caffeine pills.  Just in case you were wondering.
And I came home late and got ready for words to ooze out of my pores and it just did not happen.  I could hear his ghost say "Not good enough!"  And I told him "But I can't it's too much!  I have to wake up tomorrow and take care of two kids and do laundry and go back to school shopping!  I have to function like a normal human being!"
"I'm so disappointed in you." he whispered back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments- they are like pennies from heaven.