Wednesday, August 8, 2012

it's what I dos

*I pulled into the grocery store the other day, the grocery store with a McDonald's right next to it and all of a sudden I craved a Big Mac.  It hits me every once in awhile, the craving for bread/pasta/cookies/cake/brownies.  I find myself shaking a bit- like a crack-whore who hasn't had a hit for 24 hours.
I do 'cheat' on occasion, mostly when I go to someone's house.  I was raised in a way that you ate what was given to you and you didn't complain or make a fuss.  So I never make a fuss.  Most people who know I am gluten-free make an effort, but I can't demand it.  It is not in my nature.  So I eat what is in front of me and pray to all who is holy to let my stomach make it through the night/day/week. I suffer and then after a few days I run downstairs all excited and tell everyone who will listen "YES! I just had my gluten poo and now my life can go back to normal!"
I don't normally talk about my poo but when you suffer from whatever it is I suffer from and you have a good poo it's worth mentioning.

*Reading: The House at Riverton It's a lovely book. I usally cheat and skip to the end of a book and try to find out what happens.  Or I go to Wikipedia and see if there is a plot summary.   I hate to be surprised. I hate to be disappointed.  I can't seem to do that with this book.  I have this deep feeling that it is all going to be worth it.

*Listening to: Corner Girl by Abigail Washburn.  Part of me feels like she wrote the song for me.  Because in my corner it is so much bigger than the sky.

*Watching: Bunheads.  God help I don't know why.  I was hosting a sleepover and was up late and it was the only thing on and I needed to stay up and now I am hooked.  It's like crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments- they are like pennies from heaven.