Monday, September 20, 2010

Dolly

When it was time to think about Meg's birthday gift, a few years back, I didn't have to give it much thought.  Meg had a infinite love for "The Wizard of Oz."  This love came from her Grandma, known to most as MiMi, more on that at a later date.
So anyhoo I had to scavenge the internet for cute Dorothy stuff.  Granted there is a lot of Oz memorabilia, it was hard finding age appropriate stuff. What I really wanted was a Dorothy Doll that Meg could love on and hold.
I found Nada.
That is until I was doing a little window shopping on Etsy.
I found a little shop called "Sugar and Spice" and fell in love with "Lydia." 
Lydia with a red bow and a gingham dress would be a perfect "Dorothy" so I messaged Christine, Sugar and Spice's owner, and made a request. She obliged....
Picture from Sugar and Spice.

Cute right? I have since purchased two more "Lydias" dolls for my nieces.
Now Christine has her very own blog and her very own giveaway.
Now I know telling you about this giveaway lessens my chances to win, but I just had to sing praises to this great Etsy store and this great Etsy store shop owner. 
Go check it out. 
If you purchase a doll I promise you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments- they are like pennies from heaven.