Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Grass is Green

I am a "grass is green" kinda girl. Straight-forward.
I guess that is fine for some, but on a quest to make myself a better writer, the green grass holds me back. There is no descript to that, everyone has green grass, everyone knows that grass is green.
If you want someone to read your words you want them to read it with all five of their senses. You want them to see the grass. Feel the grass. Smell the grass. Taste the bitterness. Hear the whistle grass makes against the wind.
I will have to become a walking thesaurus, or at least walk with a thesaurus. I will have to stop in a moment and find the 1000 words to describe the every small thing I see. Realize that nothing is simple. Everything bends and twist and turns and sometimes breaks. I have to stop seeing the flaws, and find the beauty.
I have a feeling this will not be an easy habit to break, all bad habits die hard. To change a way of thinking. To take a moment to Touch. Taste. Smell. Hear. and REALLY SEE the world around me.

1 comment:

  1. Being a grass is green girl is good! Good luck with the expanding! Its always good to grow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments- they are like pennies from heaven.